Customers setting up a new sewer account must complete an application for sewer service and pay a refundable security deposit. Property owners are assessed a deposit of $100; property renters are assessed a deposit of $150. Deposits are held on record with the sewer deposit until such time as the customer no longer has need of Owens Cross Roads sewer service. If a balance is due at that time, it will be deducted from the security deposit and the remaining funds will be refunded to the customer. If there is no balance due, the deposit will be refunded in full.
Current sewer bills are a flat fee of $44 per month and are due by the 20th of each month, covering usage for the preceding month. For example, when you are billed sewer usage for January 1st through 31st that bill is mailed on January 31st with payment due by Febaruary 20th. A late fee of $5 will be added to payments made after the 20th.
Sewer bills can be paid either by cash, check or card.
Options for delivery of payment include:
- Mail to PO Box 158, Owens Cross Roads, AL 35763
- Pay inside City Hall at 9032 Hwy 431 South, Owens Cross Roads
- Drop cash or check payment in the drop box on the South end of City Hall at 9032 Hwy 431 South, Owens Cross Roads (please include your payment stub or write your name/address on the envelope)
- Enroll for ACH bank draft to deduct your payment directly out of your account on the 18th of each month – you will need to complete an application and supply a voided check to the Sewer Dept inside City Hall
- Enroll in bank bill pay through your bank (you arrange for that through your bank)
If you prefer paying remotely using a credit or debit card you have 2 options:
- Call 1-855-871-2819 (you will need to have your 12 digit sewer account number available) and follow the prompts
- On-line at citisenportal.com and register (you will need your 12 digit sewer account number AND input your name EXACTLY as it appears on your bill – example: John Doe may appear on your bill as Doe, John). You will then be able to log in to your account each month, see your balance and pay your bill.
The Card Processing company will charge a 2.5% fee for each transaction – that fee goes directly to Heartland Payment Systems.