The City of Owens Cross Roads is seeking an individual to fulfil the role of
Public Works Laborer.
The Public Works Laborer will be responsible to perform a variety of manual labor activities within the
City limits of Owens Cross Roads. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Road maintenance to include cold pack/fill, as well as, clear storm debris in roadways as
• Sign crew (repair, replace, install)
• Read commercial sewer meters
• Check for property related ordinance violations
• Assisting general maintenance functions as needed
• Mosquito spraying (April – October)
• All other duties as assigned
Requirements for Public Works Laborer:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Current Driver’s License with good driving history
• Submit to and pass pre-employment drug test
• Submit to and pass pre-employment background check
• Submit to and pass random drug tests during employment
• Work independently
• Work well with others
• Follow written and oral instructions
Pay rate: $14.00 an hour; Not to exceed 100 hours a month.
Applications are available at www.owenscrossroadsal.gov or may be picked up at City Hall.
Completed applications with your resumes should be submitted to Christie Eason, Municipal Clerk at
City Hall or [email protected] no later than February 11, 2022. Please find application here.
Comments are closed